subscribe to RSS feeds

Tax Relief Blog

« back to all blogs

Payroll Tax Personal Civil Penalty (IRC 6672)


Payroll Tax Personal Civil Penalty (IRC 6672)

Your business has an employment or 941 payroll tax liability.  You've successfully secured a formal Installment Agreement or CNC status with the IRS to satisfy the payroll tax.  But, you've now got a Civil Penalty (IRC 6672) assessment against you personally and need to resolve you need to resolve that too.  What do you do?

If you've hired a company to assist you with your business Installment AGreement, they will gladly help you resolve your new personal tax debt, for a fee.  

The question here is, Can You Afford It?  

High fees aren't always feasible when you've got a tax debt to pay.

You may have set up your own business Installment Agreement by working with a local Revenue Officer (RO).  It makes sense that you could also work with that person to resolve your new Civil Penalty tax debt too.  But that's not how it works.  If your personal tax debt is less than $200,000, you will need to work with the IRS Automated Collection System (ACS) to resolve it.  If your Civil Penalty is $200,000 plus, your case will be sent to a local RO for collection.

Working with ACS is a much different process than working with your previous RO.  They use a different form to collect your personal financial information.  They do all their work via telephone, fax and mail.  They will not reach out to you via telephone.  You will need to reach out to them.  You will talk with a different person each time you call.  There are many differences between the RO and ACS.  But in this situation, different doesn't mean more difficult.

Obtaining a personal Installment Agreement or CNC status through ACS can be really simple. 

In many cases, you can do it in one phone call, if you're prepared for it.  We know how to prepare you for it.

Fresh Start Tax Relief will arm you with the knowledge and tools you need to resolve your personal Civil Penalty liability without paying high fees to a tax professional.  And, if an Offer in Compromise (OIC) is the right solution to your IRS Civil Penalty, we'll provide you with the ins and outs of the OIC too.

Call Fresh Start Tax Relief at 866-937-5079

Find out if we're the right fit to help you resolve your personal Civil Penalty.
Categories: Trust Fund
« back to all blogs



Name (required)
E-mail (required but not shown)


Blog Articles

Our Specialties

  • Tax Debt Resolution / Tax Relief
  • Offer in Compromise / IRS Settlement
  • IRS Penalty Abatement and Relief
  • Installment Agreement / Monthly Payment Plan
  • Tax Lien, Levy and Garnishment Removal
  • IRS Lien Subordination, Withdrawal, Discharge
  • Enrolled Agents / Tax Debt Specialists

Fresh Start Tax Relief LLC, Taxes - Consultants & Representatives, Chicago, IL

Stay In Touch

follow us on Facebook learn about us on LinkedIn follow us on Google+ follow us on Twitter review us on Yelp