NEW YORK DEPARTMENT OF TAXATION AND FINANCE BACK TAX RELIEFGet started resolving your state tax liabilities using the information below. If you still need help, reach out to us using the contact form to the right of this page.
Start with Publication 131, Your Rights and Obligations Under the Tax Law. It’s worth a look.
NY-DTF Monthly Payment Plan
Okay, their website doesn’t give too much information about their Installment Payment Agreement.
But, you can expect the following.
- Owe $20,000 or less and need 36 or fewer months to pay, you may be able to get your monthly payment plan online.
- Expect to complete a financial statement and backup documentation to support your request.
- Expect a tax Warrant (lien) to be filed.
- You can expect New York to ask for a down payment before agreeing to a payment plan – as much as 50% down to 25% or lower if you can prove you don’t have it.
- Make your request online or over the phone.
State of New York Offer in Compromise
The state of New York does have an Offer in Compromise program. But, you have to qualify for it based on either insolvency or a recent discharge from Chapter 7 bankruptcy.