COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE BACK TAX RELIEFGet started resolving your state tax liabilities using the information below. If you still need help, reach out to us using the contact form to the right of this page.
CO-DOR Monthly Payment Plan
Colorado is another state with an informative department of revenue website when it comes to finding information to resolve back taxes.
Colorado’s monthly installment agreement is called an Agreement to Pay. Here are a few guidelines.
- You may have to pay 15% or more of your total tax liability up front as a down payment to get into an Agreement to Pay.
- You may get up to 36 months to pay.
- You may be able to set up your Agreement to Pay Online.
- You may also set up your Agreement to Pay by calling the CO-DOR at (303) 205-8291.
State of Colorado Offer in Compromise
You’re in luck. CO-DOR does have an OIC, if you qualify for it. All the information you need to get started is on the State’s website.
The Colorado Offer in Compromise will be similar to the IRS OIC in a lot of ways. Proof of an IRS Offer acceptance and payment is on the list of items you must provide to be eligible for consideration by the state.
Here are a few of the CO-DOR Offer in Compromise Terms and Conditions.
- A lump sum payment of the Offered amount will be due if your OIC is accepted.
- Any collection actions, such as garnishments or levies, will not stop just because you have submitted an Offer in Compromise.
- You will not qualify for the OIC if you have had an Offer accepted by the CO-DOR in the past.