MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE BACK TAX RELIEFGet started resolving your state tax liabilities using the information below. If you still need help, reach out to us using the contact form to the right of this page.
First, start with the Department’s Taxpayer Bill of Rights.
MO-DOR Monthly Payment Plan
You may be able to get your monthly Installment Agreement online. If you qualify, it’s a simple way to resolve a business and/or personal tax liability. The max time allowed to pay the balance is 24 months. However, if you call in and speak with an agent directly, you may be allowed up to 36 months.To get an Installment Agreement longer than 24 months, expect to complete a financial statement form and be prepared to make a down payment.
State of Missouri Offer in Compromise
Yes, the MO-DOR will consider an Offer in Compromise as settlement for your back tax debt.
A few quick tidbits:
- Must be compliant with all current tax returns and payments.
- Your offer needs to include a statement supporting the reason for your Offer.
- OIC payments must be made through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or credit card.
- You must offer an amount greater than zero for Doubt as to Collectibility Offers.
- If your Offer is accepted, you must remain compliant on all Missouri tax filings and payment requirements for three years from the date your Offer is accepted.
- If your Offer is rejected, you don’t have the right to Appeal the decision.
- If your OIC is accepted and your Offer amount paid according the terms of the agreement, tax liens will be released.